Health & Safety
Wooldridge is committed to health, safety and environmental best practice.
We recognise our responsibilities to our employees and all others affected by Wooldridge’s activities and strive to make continuous improvements.
We aim to achieve a healthy and safe working environment in all construction projects, free of all work-related accidents, dangerous occurrences and ill health. There is constant attention to safe working practices and awareness, for example:
- Identifying hazards, assessing risks and implementing preventative and protective measures
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and work environments
- Establishing and enforcing safe work methods
- Appointing personnel with the appropriate skills, abilities and competencies
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through mandatory training programmes
- Accrediting all staff with the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
- Promoting awareness through effective communication
We aim to safeguard, protect and enhance the environment. We minimise any adverse effects of our operations by implementing procedures to prevent pollution to land, air and water, and reduce waste and consumption of natural resources wherever possible. We set operational targets and provide staff training.
At least 96% of demolition arisings are recycled and reprocessed
250,000 tons of recycled aggregate each year
Downloadable Health and Safety Manuals
- Thwaites 1 Tonne Dumper
- Thwaites 3-4 Tonne Dumper
- Thwaites 5-10 Dumper
- Zaxis 30/35/40/50 Excavator
- Zaxis 14-3/16-3/18-3/27-3 Hydraulic Excavator
- Zaxis 17U-2 Hydraulic Excavator
- Zaxis 27U-2/30U-2/35U-2/40U-2/50U-2 Hydraulic Excavator
Wooldridge Hero of the Month:
January 2018 – Andy Forsyth
Andy has shown a great continuous commitment to his Managerial role in Wokingham and always shows good practice in Health & Safety. Well Done Andy!!